, June 26, 2020
/PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) (the "Company") one of the world's largest leisure travel companies, today announced the pricing of Carnival Corporation's first-priority senior secured term loan facility, consisting of a $1,860 million
tranche and a €800 million tranche, with a maturity of five years. The U.S. dollar tranche will be issued at a price equal to 96% of its face value and will bear interest at a rate per annum equal to adjusted LIBOR (with a 1% floor) plus 7.500%. The euro tranche will be issued at a price equal to 96% of its face value and will bear interest at a rate per annum equal to EURIBOR (with a 0% floor) plus 7.500%. Both tranches of the term loan facility will be prepayable, in whole or in part, at the Company's option at a price equal to the face value plus a customary make-whole amount for the first year after closing, 102% of the face value for the second year after closing and par thereafter. The obligations under the term loan facility will be guaranteed by Carnival plc and the same subsidiaries that currently guarantee, and will be secured on a first-priority basis by the same collateral that currently secures, Carnival Corporation's 11.500% first-priority senior secured notes due 2023.
The term loan facility is expected to close on June 30
, subject to customary closing conditions and the execution of definitive documentation. Carnival Corporation intends to use the net proceeds from the term loan facility for general corporate purposes, which includes the repayment of near-term debt maturities. About Carnival Corporation & plc
Carnival Corporation & plc is one of the world's largest leisure travel companies with a portfolio of nine of the world's leading cruise lines. With operations in North America, Australia, Europe and Asia, its portfolio features Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn, P&O Cruises (Australia
), Costa Cruises, AIDA Cruises, P&O Cruises (UK) and Cunard.Cautionary Note Concerning Factors That May Affect Future Results
Carnival Corporation and Carnival plc and their respective subsidiaries are referred to collectively in this press release as "Carnival Corporation & plc," "our," "us" and "we." Some of the statements, estimates or projections contained in this document are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions with respect to us, including some statements concerning the financing transactions described herein, future results, operations, outlooks, plans, goals, reputation, cashflows, liquidity and other events which have not yet occurred. These statements are intended to qualify for the safe harbors from liability provided by Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements other than statements of historical facts are statements that could be deemed forward-looking. These statements are based on current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about our business and the industry in which we operate and the beliefs and assumptions of our management. We have tried, whenever possible, to identify these statements by using words like "will," "may," "could," "should," "would," "believe," "depends," "expect," "goal," "anticipate," "forecast," "project," "future," "intend," "plan," "estimate," "target," "indicate," "outlook," and similar expressions of future intent or the negative of such terms.
Forward-looking statements include those statements that relate to our outlook and financial position including, but not limited to, statements regarding:
|• Net revenue yields||• Net cruise costs, excluding fuel per available lower berth day|
|• Booking levels||• Estimates of ship depreciable lives and residual values|
|• Pricing and occupancy||• Goodwill, ship and trademark fair values|
|• Interest, tax and fuel expenses||• Liquidity|
|• Currency exchange rates||• Adjusted earnings per share|
• Impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus global pandemic on our financial condition and results of operations
Because forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are many factors that could cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by our forward-looking statements. This note contains important cautionary statements of the known factors that we consider could materially affect the accuracy of our forward-looking statements and adversely affect our business, results of operations and financial position. Additionally, many of these risks and uncertainties are currently amplified by and will continue to be amplified by, or in the future may be amplified by, the COVID-19 outbreak. It is not possible to predict or identify all such risks. There may be additional risks that we consider immaterial or which are unknown. These factors include, but are not limited to, the following:
- COVID-19 has had, and is expected to continue to have, a significant impact on our financial condition and operations, which impacts our ability to obtain acceptable financing to fund resulting reductions in cash from operations. The current, and uncertain future, impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, including its effect on the ability or desire of people to travel (including on cruises), will continue to impact our results, operations, outlooks, plans, goals, growth, reputation, litigation, cash flows, liquidity, and stock price
- As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have paused our guest cruise operations, and if we are unable to re-commence normal operations in the near-term, and further extend covenant waivers for certain agreements for which waivers do not currently cover periods after March 2021 (if needed), we may be out of compliance with a maintenance covenant in certain of our debt facilities
- World events impacting the ability or desire of people to travel may lead to a decline in demand for cruises
- Incidents concerning our ships, guests or the cruise vacation industry as well as adverse weather conditions and other natural disasters may impact the satisfaction of our guests and crew and lead to reputational damage
- Changes in and non-compliance with laws and regulations under which we operate, such as those relating to health, environment, safety and security, data privacy and protection, anti-corruption, economic sanctions, trade protection and tax may lead to litigation, enforcement actions, fines, penalties, and reputational damage
- Breaches in data security and lapses in data privacy as well as disruptions and other damages to our principal offices, information technology operations and system networks and failure to keep pace with developments in technology may adversely impact our business operations, the satisfaction of our guests and crew and lead to reputational damage
- Ability to recruit, develop and retain qualified shipboard personnel who live away from home for extended periods of time may adversely impact our business operations, guest services and satisfaction
- Increases in fuel prices, changes in the types of fuel consumed and availability of fuel supply may adversely impact our scheduled itineraries and costs
- Fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates may adversely impact our financial results
- Overcapacity and competition in the cruise and land-based vacation industry may lead to a decline in our cruise sales, pricing and destination options
- Geographic regions in which we try to expand our business may be slow to develop or ultimately not develop how we expect
- Inability to implement our shipbuilding programs and ship repairs, maintenance and refurbishments may adversely impact our business operations and the satisfaction of our guests
The ordering of the risk factors set forth above is not intended to reflect our indication of priority or likelihood.
Forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as a prediction of actual results. Subject to any continuing obligations under applicable law or any relevant stock exchange rules, we expressly disclaim any obligation to disseminate, after the date of this document, any updates or revisions to any such forward-looking statements to reflect any change in expectations or events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statements are based.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation--plc-announces-pricing-of-1-86-billion-and-800-million-first-priority-senior-secured-term-loan-facility-301084562.html
SOURCE Carnival Corporation & plc